Basic Online Skills Survey
We realise that digital inclusion is a complex process, and you can’t always measure it with hard numbers and stats. Learn My Way registrations and Online Basics completions only tell part of the story, so we’ve created a very simple survey to help recognise all your hard work. Every month that you provide us with data, you’ll be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win a brand new iPad Air!
- This survey is intended to capture how many learners you have supported in the last calendar month who have not registered on Learn My Way.
- The survey consists of four questions for which you have to provide numbers of unregistered learners supported, and three questions for which you have to provide a percentage breakdown of these learners into the three key target groups for the FDI programme.
- To be eligible for the prize draw, you need to provide your data for each month by the 15th of the following month.
- To avoid double counting, we only want to know about learners who have not registered on Learn My Way or (funded centres only) been recorded using the CaptureIT system.
- To make sure that data is consistent, the first four questions ask about Basic Digital Skills: the national framework of skills that every person needs to be confident online. The table below lists all of the skills, by area.
||Share Personal Information
|Send and receive emails
||Use a search engine
||Fill out an online form, e.g.
- Job application
- Making a booking or purchase
- Access government services
- Register on social website
- Complete an online CV
- Using an online money management tool
|Identify and delete spam
||Browse the internet
||Evaluate which websites to trust
||Search for jobs
||Set privacy settings
Complete the survey for April 2015
||Basic Online Skills Survey
Working Links Glasgow (Centre Partner)
Working Links Kirkcaldy (Centre Partner)